1 October – 30 November 2014
SPAR WIN A WEST COAST CRUISE PROMOTION 2014 COMPETITION RULES
October – 30 November 2014
1. This Promotional Competition ("Competition") is organised by Darling Cellars Registration No. 59/03874/07 (collectively, the “Promoters”).
2. The Promotional Competition is open to permanent residents and citizens of South Africa over the age of 18 years in possession of a valid South African Identity Document, except any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoter and/or immediate family members of any employee, director, member, partner, agent or consultant of or person indirectly or directly in control or controlled by the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, dealers and suppliers its affiliates and/or associated companies ("Disqualified Persons").
3. By entering the promotional competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules which will be interpreted by the Promoter, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoter reasonably deems necessary during this promotional competition.
4. The promotional competition commences on 1 October 2014 and ends at midnight on 30 November 2014 (both days inclusive).
5. The winner will receive a West Coast Cruise for 2 (two) people on The MSC Opera, cruising from Cape Town to Walvis Bay and back. The ship will depart from Cape Town at 16h00 on 19 January 2015 and will return to Cape Town on 24 January 2015 at 09h00. The winner and partner must be in possession of a valid passport, and be able to be in Cape Town on 19 January 2015 the day of departure.
6. To stand a chance of winning any of the Prizes, participants must purchase any bottle of Darling Cellars wine (“Participating Products”) from any participating Spar store. The participant must retain the till slip reflecting the purchase of Participating Products and SMS the word “Darling”, their name, and till slip number to 33723. SMS are charged at R1.50(one Rand and fifty cents) and free minutes and sms bundles do not apply.
7. The Promoters will conduct a random draw from all the entries received to determine a possible winner on the 4th of December 2014 (“Draw Date”).
8. The winner will be notified telephonically within 4 (four) days from the Draw Date. In order for a particular entry to be confirmed as valid, Promoters will call the possible winner and conduct a promotional competition verification process. The possible winner, will be contacted by the Promoters or an agent thereof on the cell phone number used to enter the promotional competition. Participants must have a valid South African ID document and their till slip at the time of the call in order to qualify to be a winner, failing which the promoters shall randomly draw another entry.
9. Participants may enter the Promotional Competition maximum of 2 times per day and a maximum of 92 times over the promotion period provided they purchase the Participating Products each and every time.
10. The Prize winner, whose entry has been drawn and has been confirmed as valid, will be notified telephonically as to when and how they will receive the Prize.
11. Entries which are unclear, illegible, contain errors or are from Disqualified Persons will be declared invalid.
12. If the Promoters are unable to reach any person after drawing his/her entry for whatsoever reason, such person will be disqualified and the draw of a replacement entry shall take place in the same manner as the first draw.
13. The Prizes are neither transferable nor redeemable for cash and the Promoter is not liable for any defect in the Prizes. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with any other prize of comparable commercial value.
14. Should any dispute arise in relation to the interpretation of these promotional competition rules, the Promoter's' decision shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
15. All Participants and the Winner indemnify the Promoter, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, and suppliers to Darling Cellars, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in any way howsoever in this promotional competition (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of gross negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoter and/or use of the Prizes).
16. The Promoters will require the winners to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement and indemnification to enable the Promoters to ensure compliance with these rules and the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008. Should the Winner refuse or be unable to comply with this rule for any reason, such Winner will be deemed to have rejected the Prize and it shall revert back to the Promoter.
17. The Promoter may require that the Winner be identified, photographed and published in printed media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting their Prize and/or after having received their Prize. The Winner will be given the opportunity to decline to the publication of their images and to participate in the Promoter's marketing material in so far as it relates to the promotional competition.
18. All queries in connection with this Promotional Competition should be directed to
19. A copy of the competition rules is available at no cost to the participants and can be downloaded in printable form from the Darling Cellars website www.darlingcellars.co.za
The main hall at the Darling Sports Club will reflect landscapes of flowers from the Strandveld, Sandveld, Renosterveld and Wetland areas, constructed by volunteers and members of the Darling Wildflower Society with assistance from Escom. View the breath taking display, purchase your indigenous plants from the Nursery, enjoy the extensive craft market and take a Free tractor ride to an exquisite pristine vlei area of Oude Post Farm, an experience you will never forget.
Friday the 20th September:
Special day for the Pensioners
Saturday 21th September:
Live music with Graham Jacobs playing his form of relaxed “Jazz” in the food court
Sunday 22th September:
Family day, more food, stalls and pony rides
Tickets at the gate R30 adults R20 Pensioners (Friday only)
/Children under 18 R20 (under 13 years Free)
94th Darling Wildflower Show 16-18 Sept 2011
The Darling Wildflower Society has held a show virtually every year since that first show in 1917. The ideals expressed by the founders still hold true today. They wanted to display Darling's God-given wealth for the world to see. At the same time they promoted the conservation of flowers amongst the farmers of the district, who have since maintained the botanical diversity of the region over several generations.
Thst Coast flower region, an integral part of the Cape Fynbos Kingdom, boasts more than 1200 species of flowering plants. About 80 of these are endemic to the West Coast and known nowhere else. The rich flora of the West Coast occurs on mainly three different soil types, culminating in three distinctive vegetation types, namely, Strandveld, Renosterveld and Sandveld.
It is with great joy and excitement that we introduce to you our Regional Business Manager for Europe, Lisbet Ryg Olsen. Lisbet is on the Darling team from 1st August, 2011. We asked Lisbet to write a short and informal piece about herself, so here it is and once again, welcome to our team Lisbet!!
Darling Cellars, the west coast winery increasingly gaining recognition For its cool climate wines, has won a gold medal at this year's Mundus Vini International Wine Awards for their Bordeaux-style blend, Sir Charles Henry Darling 2007, a limited release; And at the recent Michelangelo International Wine Awards For their Reserve Six-Tonner Merlot 2010.